Encounter with the problem of your printer not connecting to your wireless router? If yes, then continue reading this article to find a solution to it!
A networked printer is of great use since it lets you connect wirelessly to the available network. Wireless printers allow you to wirelessly print pictures, documents, timetables instantly from various sources. With a wireless portable printer you can print out the files and images from USB sticks, phones, cameras and laptops – all without the hassle of cords and wires. Simply turn on the wifi, and get printing your essential files!
The process for setting up a printer on a wireless network is different from printer to printer. Sometimes we find it really frustrating when after following all manual steps from your printer’s guide book, we fail to connect it.
In this blog we will discuss about the connecting issues between Canon Printers & the wireless network.
Follow these Simple Canon Printer Tips
- The first thing is to follow the instructions included with your Canon Printer for connecting to a wireless network. Check if you followed all step!
- Make sure your printer’s “Shared Preferences” is turned OFF. If so, turn it back on again.
- Before beginning, download the latest printer software from canon.com/support
- Ensure that the software you choose is meant for both your printer model and your computer’s operating system.
- If your firewall produces messages during the connection process, choose “Always permit/Allow” so that your software installation can proceed.
How to Setup Canon Printer to Wireless Network: Step By Step Guide.
- Verify that your configuration is compatible with CANON Auto Wireless Connect. For this, your computer and network configuration must meet the following requirements:
- Your computer must be running Windows Vista or later (PCs), or OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and later (Macintosh).
- Your computer is connected to an 802.11 b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection. 5.0GHz networks are not currently supported by CANON
- Your computer’s OS is in control of the wireless adapter
- Your computer uses a wireless connection to your network and the operating system
- Your computer uses a dynamic IP address, not a static one.
Looking for remote assistance? Dial Canon customer service helpline number: +1-800-436-0509 for US, 1-800-078-6054 (UK), 1-800-769-903 (AU).
Download the latest Drivers
- Download the latest printer software from CANON from http://www.Canon.com/support.
- Ensure that the software you choose is compatible to both your printer model and your computer’s operating system.
Follow Correct Installation Steps
- Run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions until the installer prompts you for the connection type. Select ‘Network (Ethernet/Wireless)”‘ as the connection type, then choose Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)”.
- The installer will perform the rest of the setup automatically.
- Note: during setup of CANON Auto Wireless Connect, your computer will be temporarily disconnected from the internet. Make sure you have finished any online downloads or completed other internet activity before proceeding.
- Note: if this option is not offered during installation or if it is not successful, you will be guided to use another wireless setup method.
Still Not Able to Connect? Dial Canon Printer Tech Support Number.
If you are still facing network difficulties while operating your Canon printer, then call us on Canon Printer Customer Service Helpline Number +1-800-436-0509 for US, 18000786054 (UK), 1800769903 (AU).
These are our Canon Printer Toll Free Number, where we resolve every issue arising with your Canon printer whether it is connection problem, drive installation or technical issues of paper jamming or ink catridges in just one call. Just note down our canon printer support phone number in UK, US & Australia respectively- +1-800-436-0509, +1-800-078-6054, +1-800-769-903.
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.